Tuesday, July 13, 2010

30 letters, 30 days... Day 10- To someone I don't talk to as often as I would like --ROYCE

Someone I don't talk to as much as I would like... This one is my fault through and through I need to learn to actually talk on my phone instead of just using it as a tiny portable computer.

Dear Royce:

I don't even know how to start this letter so I'll just speak from the heart. (or type from it) I LOVE YOU! There I said it. You don't know how much of an impact you have made on my life. I really learned what a true friend and sister really is about from you. We have been through a lot together over the years and much of it I don't know if I could have gotten through it alone.

Royce you go far and beyond the definition of a friend. I still can't believe some of the things we've been through. Our friendship goes far beyond sharing the stage in some beautiful dances... Girl you know you go to bat for the people you care about, you make sure everyone else is taken care of. When I think of you I can't help but smile and sometimes cry. I remember you quickly jumping up to have my back when others seem to have let me down. You gave me a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear and some harsh words when I needed it. Lets just say you really know how to keep it real and give it to me straight... no chaser. LOL I appreciate that. Not to mention not having it when I lost my housing. I was about to cancel my classes, pack up my car and drive home. You told me no take my keys and stay here. You don't know how much that meant to me... Not to mention I could stay in school. I think I cried for about a week.

There were plenty of laughs and good times in those years. From being thrown into a water fountain, getting kicked out of shows the night before only to be put back in day of, to executive board meetings in your Palmetto dorm room, KART room, St. George...etc. I could go on. But I think the best memory is when I called you to reveal I was pregnant. I remember telling you that I was scared and not sure what to do... You just started laughing and I was so confused until you said... "Get this... me too!" I think that pretty much just made my day.

Although I haven't talked to you as much due to our ever so crazy schedules I know I will be doing better. And yes as soon as this dang leg heals up I will make my trip down there. My surgery (hopefully the last one this time) is done and pretty soon I will be able to travel again. So I will bring Takis down so he and Bray can meet. They are so close in age I know they'll have a ball, only thing is those 2 together could spell trouble, but I think it will be a sight to see.

L.O.L.
LOVE YOU LOTS,

Tisiphani
lets be real... its just me TiTi

No comments: