Monday, July 12, 2010

30 letters, 30 days... Day 6- To a Stranger

Dear Stranger:

I've never met you but because of the love of Christ I still love you. That's the reason when I pass you on the street I say hello, and ask you about your day. I smile and pray your day is going well. No I'm not just some random crazy off the street but if you are I still love you. If you need something just ask. If its in my power to give I will do so.

But I have always wanted to know: What has happened that has caused you to be so angry? What burden has this world placed on your shoulder that you can't raise your head up and put a smile on your face? What has you so disgruntled that you must tote a gun and not care who's life you take? I know this may not be my business but I've seen too many of God's beautiful creations taken out by gun fire, too many precious little children hit by stray bullets never allowed to reach their full potential. Too many creative genius minds taken out of this world before they can give their true message and its not fair. So I ask... What will it take to make you change your ways? What must I do to convince you that this is not the way? What must I do to help you realize that by killing those around you... you're only killing yourself? How can I help you to see that there is a better way? Maybe I have too many questions and you don't have all the answers but know this I'm praying for you. Yes you! I don't need to know you're name, because you're still a child of God's. He knows who I'm talking about. I just pray that one day you'll join me and fall on your knees and ask our God in heaven to help you change your ways. Before the violence of this world takes you too.

Yes I love you,

Tisiphani

No comments: